Saturday, October 3, 2009

Last Night :(

I can't believe it but our trip is almost over. Dad will be dropping me off in Charlotte, NC tomorrow morning, where Mike (who is staying with a couple of high school friends) will be responsible for getting me back to Charleston. He and his two friends are going to a concert tonight where they will no doubt consume large amounts of alcohol while reminiscing the glory days at Norwich High School - I'm actually a little nervous as to what shape I will find them in tomorrow! Only having to take me to Charlotte will save Dad quite a bit of travel time so it's good things have worked out this way. We left Columbia, MO this morning around 8:30am and have on the road since. We just crossed the boarder into NC. The drive today has been fairly uneventful. We did drive through St. Louis, MO and see the famous Gateway Arch. I drove for a few hours- through Nashville! There was traffic! I think Dad was getting nervous but he managed to keep quiet and we made it out unscathed (some punk in a Lexus did almost hit us when changing lanes - he got a long, angry honk thank you very much). We are going to stop for the night in Asheville, NC and I plan on getting a nice, end-of-trip dinner...no gas station sandwich like we had last night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment