Friday, October 2, 2009

And you think driving across Pennsylvania is bad...

Well Dad and I have started the long trip back to the east coast. We left Denver around 8:30 this morning and have been in Kansas most of the day. It is so flat and covered with fields that it almost feels like you're running in place. Now I know why Monica was so upset when Chandler got transferred to Kansas! However, we have finally found a spot in the country that the senior citizen tour buses don't go! Guess they aren't interested in the Oz Museum. Kansas is the only state we have come across that charges tolls (must be they've been chatting with NY) and we are currently in traffic backed up 2 miles from the toll booth. I see a bit of jaw clenching from Dad (for those of you who are, um, lucky enough to know what that means!) :) I still like it though because it adds to the places we've been/seen and is yet another indicator on how much this country varies in terrain. I drove for about 3 1/2 hours earlier and Dad actually dozed off! I guess that goes to say deep down he doesn't REALLY think I went to the Linda Bartle School of Driving!

1 comment: