Thursday, October 1, 2009

Boulder, CO

Dad and I are in Boulder, CO where we just finished a fantastic mountain biking trail, beginning at the Dowdy Draw trail head and connecting to the Spring Brook loop, just on the outskirts of Boulder. It is about 50 degrees here today and quite windy making it feel like 40, so Dad and I took our time getting going this morning to let things warm up. Good thing they didn't warm up too much because he and I were working up quite the sweat biking up the mountain! It was a great ride (and I managed not to dump my bike - success!) and the view at the top was worth the hard work. Of course what goes up must come down so we had a great time on the downhill :) Now I am going to talk Dad into going into downtown Boulder for some lunch - and I'm talking real food not a powerbar or some pretzels and sunflower seeds. David and Mary El Emerson (my dad's business partner and close family friends) are actually on their own cross-country trip (on their motorcycle!) and are in Denver right now staying with Mary El's daughter, Janelle. We have been in touch with them throughout our trip to see if we are ever in the same area and we finally have crossed paths. We are all going to head out to dinner tonight so we are looking forward to that. Big surprise - I'm already thinking about dinner and I haven't even had lunch! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment