Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Bryce Canyon National Park


Yesterday Dad and I hit up Bryce Canyon National Park, UT. It was amazing (I feel like I say that about everything we see/do, but I really mean it!! I have seen some of the best sights on this trip!). The canyon is full of points, pinnacles, steeples, and spires. It was a spectacular view. We hiked down into the canyon on the Queen's Garden Trail. We even stopped to enjoy the vew and a PowerBar lunch! We only stayed in the park long enough for the hike as we are running out of time on our little trip :( After Bryce we made our way to Moab, UT (huge mountain biking town), which is where we are now. Unfortunately, the one day we are in town the weather is not great. The forecast was calling for isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon so Dad and I got up at 6am to hopefully get some biking in before the storms. However, just as we were pulling out of the parking lot it started thundering and lightening (we had JUST watched the weather channel and all it said "tempurature 72 under fair skies"...guess the weatherman isn't any better out here!) It is also VERY WINDY here so I'm worried I might get blown away! We came back into the hotel to figure out what to do. We can't complain too much though as this is the only day in 2 1/2 weeks that we have had a problem with the weather. Guess it was bound to happen sooner or later! I think we are going to venture out now and see if we can do something....I don't wake up at 6am for nothing!! :)

P.S. I can't believe I forgot to mention this the first time it happened a few days ago but yesterday dad let me drive for the second time!!! Granted the first time was across the desert with a very straight road and not many cars, but yesterday we were in Utah and there were actually curves in the road! Before you know it I will be navigating the Rocky Mountains! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment